Plow & Hearth

LEADING RETAILER STREAMLINES SEASONAL HIRING AND BOOSTS NEW HIRE RETENTION BY 400%

With the new virtual hiring process, our new hires have more realistic expectations about the work and are much less likely to leave.”
– Director of Customer Service

CHALLENGE

Peak season hiring is always a challenge.

Will there be enough workers?
Will they have the right skills?
Will they stay the season, or leave the first week?

Plow & Hearth, a leading multi-channel retailer, faced this challenge head-on. Preparing for an upcoming seasonal ramp-up, the company turned to Employment Technologies to achieve three key goals:

SOLUTION

Working closely with Plow & Hearth, Employment Technologies recommended a mobile-friendly process that included:

To measure the effectiveness of the new virtual hiring process, Employment Technologies helped the company track candidates hired, including both work-from-home and on-site employees. Of the new hires, 84% completed an EASy Simulation and EASy Retention Index. The remaining 16% did not complete any type of assessment.

RESULTS

At the end of the first 30 days, the retention rates for candidates who passed both assessments were compared to candidates that did not take an assessment, resulting in:

The improvement in new hire retention was calculated to result in a $170,000 reduction in associated turnover costs alone, in addition to gains achieved by hiring stronger performers.

 

Click here for more information about hiring and retaining top seasonal employees, or call 888.332.0648.