In Part I of this series, we introduced you to leading experts in company culture and customer experience that were featured speakers at the recent ICMI* Contact Center Expo in Orlando. Members of our team were on site as exhibitors to share our newly released EASyView® Virtual Interview and EASy Simulation® Simultask for measuring multitasking abilities.
Our team gave each keynote address high marks for delivering actionable, thought-provoking content. While the intended audience was the call center industry, we believe the concepts and insights are applicable to a variety of businesses, so we’ve elected to share a few highlights in hopes of encouraging professional growth and development. (The speakers continue here in alphabetical order.)
Doug Lipp (www.douglipp.com) Former Disney Executive and Author, Considered to be a World Authority on Building Organizational Culture
- To develop a great “backstage,” you have to: hire right; train right; and treat right. Employees are your first customer. Do you seek to capture the hearts and minds of your employees?
- Employee training is not a car wash. You can’t send an employee through once and expect them to stay clean.
- Simplify the complex with crystal clear priorities!
- Disney has four efficiencies – safety, courtesy, show and capacity. Every employee is trained that all interactions and decisions are made with these four things in mind, in this order.
- Company culture always starts at the top, and culture is more than a pretty castle. Values are the foundation.
- “Budgets might be tight. Creativity is free.” Van Arsdale France (1919-1999)
Justin Robbins – Leads content and community engagement programs for HDI & ICMI, author, and member of the National Speakers Association
- Keep on-the-job actions authentically you. This is especially important when changes are made. Ask yourself if the change is authentic to your company and culture.
- Shift your perspective from obligation to opportunity. What sounds better? “I have an obligation to be nice to customers.” Or “I have an opportunity to create a loyal customer.”
- Every channel (phone, social media, email) is deserving of the same commitment. Consistency builds trust.
- Is leadership making it possible for the front line to be successful? Invest in your people, and they will respond.
If you would like to continue the conversation with our team about anything presented here, you are welcome to email Traci or Kyle, or call 888-332-0648. A free, no obligation test drive of our pre-employment simulations can be arranged within minutes.
(*) ICMI – International Customer Management Institute (ICMI)